Saturday, August 23, 2014

Dominion: Angels Get Their Wings



Spread those wings and soar

              While we wait for an announcement from SyFy on a renewal or cancellation (renewal please!) I wanted to talk about some of the best parts of our favorite show Dominion. I don't know about you but I think the angel wings were some of the best things about the angels.

Those little stumps moving was creepy. Incredible work!
          You know that old saying "Every time a bell rings an angel gets its wings"? You probably heard it in It's A Wonderful Life where an angel named Clarence has to do a good deed in order to gain his wings. Well not in Dominion. In Dominion only higher angels have physical form and a pair of large, and may I say awesome wings that have many uses.

Yeah she was a bitch but I loved seeing Felicia spread her wings

             1. Don't be fooled. Those wings may look soft and feathery but they're like razor blades and can cut you to ribbons. They sort of act like a second pair of hands as well as weapons that can slice flesh clean through.

I like my wings extra crispy. Pass the BBQ sauce!

             2. While good for attack these wings are also good for defense. No armor piercing round could ever put a dent in these feathers. It's a waste of bullets really. Every time I saw anyone start firing their guns while the angel enclosed itself in it's wing span I would think: Really? We haven't learned by now? But as we've seen in "Godspeed" this defense has it's limitations. While Alex didn't completely BBQ Felicia's wings they did catch fire. So my advice is to use flame throwers. It may not kill them but it does slow them down giving the attacker an advantage.

That was my favorite part of the Pilot

             3. I suppose once the feather is dislodged from the whole wing it becomes harmless. But that doesn't mean it's useless. On the contrary it can be used for healing. Just burn the quill and gently stroke it to release a curious liquid that can stitch up any wound no problem. 

I just love seeing the way these angels take flight
and land.

             4. The wings sort of remind me of eagle wings. They're big and powerful giving the angel an extra push for take off but also where the wings retract it has a joint allowing for the angel to switch direction and a quick straight take off as well as giving them a smoother descent.

Okay we're just wasting bullets now.

            We kind of grew up with seeing angels with fluffy white wings but the angel wings of Dominion are dark giving them a much more intimidating look. Furiad is the only angel with red wings but that sort of makes him unique and doesn't diminish his ability to terrify his opponent. I hope we see if there's more that these wings can do.

No comments: