Thursday, May 1, 2014

Renew Revolution For TV's Sake


Miles & Monroe are too awesome to just quit on
                  After the Almost Human fall out (that I still fight along with other passionate fans) I realized that Revolution is still not on the renewal list. I ask NBC: Why not?! 


Ok THAT is hot!
          I understand that NBC is probably considering canceling the show because of the cost. I would too if I were a TV executive, but I see that Revolution could give NBC returns on their investment. Also the Facebook page has reached a like count in the millions. Such a passionate fan base. Yes it's 1 million but come on that's impressive! 


What other show has sword fights? Besides Reign

         The characters are just so vibrant and complex. The actors have terrific chemistry. Rachel and Monroe had that hate kiss and it was believable that they had a thing. The actors were not given their characters' back stories but David and Elizabeth built on their characters' chemistry to fill in the blanks. The snark from Miles and Bass also hits the roof. "I'm Batman." Hilarious! There is no good vs evil or boring black and white on this show. Everyone has blood on their hands and in real life people usually do evil things for the sake of family or love or because they think it's right. I was sad to say goodbye to Jason but he had to die in order to make a big change for Charlie. Also I really like Aaron. He's not just a geek he has a big heart and a very loyal friend that you would want on your side. And his sole struggle with his nano creation gives him his own story that keeps him as an essential character.


They're here...

         The story lines are just getting more interesting. The nano tech has decided to take a back seat to see what it's like to be human (which by what I see they will NEVER get it) while chaos reigns all around them. The Patriots continue to enact their despicable plan to conquer and brain wash the continent but Monroe and Miles's resistance army is growing and I feel it's only a matter of time before they get to the White House and raise hell with this crazy president. Also it may be that Neville will join the resistance or not. It depends on how deep his revenge or grief over his son's death will go. He did seem pretty broken up about it. In fact I think that's the second time I saw Tom lose his cool (the first time was when he thought his wife died). I do want to see Monroe defeat the Patriots and see if he and Conner will try and revive the Monroe Republic. 


Cause nothing bad ever happens in basements...

           The point is Revolution is a dynamite show and NBC would be missing an opportunity if they just cancelled it, which I feel is gaining even more traction as it goes on. Sometimes I think networks do hiatuses just to see how fans react or stay interested in the show. I can certainly tell you that despite hiatuses, Revolution continues to have a strong fan base and steady numbers. If NBC MUST cancel the show (and I hope they don't) then at least give the show ONE MORE season to tie everything up. If there's one thing I hate it's shows that end with a cliffhanger and never get another season. 


This is a messed up romance but these characters always sizzle

No comments: