Tuesday, April 7, 2015

TVD: Nina Dobrev Exits Show After 6 Seasons


What will we do without our key leading lady?

                  Nina Dobrev confirmed recently that she was leaving The Vampire Diaries once season 6 was over. I was shocked as there had been rumors at the beginning of the season about her wanting to leave but then they were just rumors. Though I'm sad I have to say I'm not surprised.


She was so innocent back then

           Nina Dobrev said in an interview on why she was leaving that she only intended Elena to have a 6 season character arc. To be honest I kind of expected a 6 season limit for the show. There should be a time limit on shows as great as The Vampire Diaries or else you'll end up with a Lost ending fiasco because you ran out of ideas. 


You never forget your first love

       No offense to anyone but I feel TVD has really lost it's luster. It feels like ever since Klaus and the other Originals left for the Crescent City the show had lost some appeal. But then again there are other factors. I for one loved the Human faction working against the supernatural in Mystic Falls. It made for great conflict but then the writers killed them all off. That left Liz to try and hold things together. Then we had Trip and I thought he would last all season to create greater friction but then they killed him too! Come on! We've been through the supernatural rings of fire there should be other un-otherworldly threats. Witches are scary but a smart human hunter working with a secret society is down right terrifying. It's good old fashion violence that really drew me to the show.


First Klaus then Katherine.
We're losing our favorite bad asses!

         Frankly I think The Vampire Diaries should end then pass the torch to it's spin-off The Originals which feels like it's own show, especially in the beginning. Go out classy with dignity and put TVD up there in the TV Hall of Fame. Also I would be happy if The Originals had just 5 seasons then ended because although they play immortal vampires they're all getting older. Though for TVD it brings into question what they'll do without one of their leading ladies. I mean the premise was built on the love triangle of Elena, Stefan, and Damon. And how will they have Elena exit Mystic Falls? The cure came back into play so that's a clue. In the books (which we have strayed very far from though I'm not complaining) Elena and Damon end up together. If they kill her it would have to be dramatic and final. No loopholes. No chance of a return. 


I miss this bitch most of all

           Nina Dobrev has wowed us with her amazing talent for turning into different characters and making us believe it's a different actress every time. Where is her Emmy?! I will definitely miss Katherine. I hope Nina visits The Originals in flash backs as Katherine Pierce. Nina Dobrev deserves the best exit over any of the other characters (and we lost quite a few). The show will feel empty without her but I think the remaining cast will hold it together until the end of season 7.  I feel that the show has evolved to the point where it's not just about Elena and the Salvatore love triangle anymore. It's about everyone in Mystic Falls. 

Took a few seasons and now she changes her hair?
Should have done it a season ago

No comments: