Monday, February 17, 2014

TV Predictions Continued



         So there have been some changes since the last time I posted one of these. Some are good and some are bad.


The CW

       The CW has picked up 5 shows: The Vampire Diaries (DUH), The Originals (Even bigger DUH), Arrow (it's getting a spin-off), Reign (now that was a shocker to me), and Supernatural (of course)



         Unfortunately that means bad news for Beauty and the Beast and The Tomorrow People. I hate to say it but I saw it coming for both. BATB season 2 started out great but then started to decline somewhere in the middle. That ancestor beast story line peaked my interest but then they buried it. Also Tomorrow People had a sort of weak storyline although I liked the idea; I just didn't like how they approached it.

FOX



        Almost Human still whispers rumors of cancellation but I won't believe it until FOX announces it. I kinda feel it will get cancelled but more because Karl Urban will be filming Star Trek 3 this year and that means he wouldn't be on set for 3 months. Hmmmm Star Trek or Almost Human? I love both! I hope if the show does get renewed then Karl finds a way to come to some sort of agreement in his very busy schedule.

        The Following continues to drop in viewers. Nothing else to say about that really. 


       Enlisted surprisingly had a 30% bump in viewership. It just needed time to grow on the audience. I admit that I myself find it kind of hilarious. It may get renewed but we're not out of the woods yet.

NBC


        Still no news if NBC will renew Revolution or cancel it. But I see that fans are very passionate about the show so I wouldn't worry. Great story, great cast, great set, people love it.


        Although Dracula was cancelled, there's a campaign to get it back on the air. I actually kind of liked how it ended; leaves it open ended. If Jericho can get cancelled but then put back on the air then so can Dracula. 

       The Blacklist may definitely get renewed. It's become one of NBC's most highly rated shows. I think it has a perfect time slot too given it's content. Adults can enjoy it while the kids are in bed.


        Numbers change all the time. For networks that haven't announced their line up, fans still have time to save their shows.

No comments: