Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Vampire Diaries: How It Will All End




              I love The Vampire Diaries as much as then next person but even if the show goes through season 6 and onto another season that doesn't mean it'll be on forever. Sad I know but it must be said. But here are some things I want to happen at the end. 





              First off, I would like to see Elena end up with SOMEBODY if not either of the Salvatore brothers then at least with someone so she can finally be happy. TVD is nothing without a few funerals but a girl like Elena can only take so much until she snaps again. Also she has been bouncing back and forth between Damon and Stefan and I don't care about the doppelgänger thing where Stefan and Elena are bonded together, she has to pick a Salvatore and stick with him. No more indecision, Elena! 


           Second, and I might be biased in this regard but I want Caroline to give Klaus a shot so that way even if The Vampire Diaries ends but The Originals is still on then the Klaroline-ship will be back on track. The Originals looks like it can stand on its own two feet without it's TVD parent anyway so in the end fans who ship Klaus and Caroline will be satisfied. 



         Third, I want to see Katherine survive and be happy for once. Like Elena, Katherine has had a rough life being the Petrova Doppelgänger where everyone wants you for some nefarious purpose. Katherine may be withering away right now but I'm hoping the writers find a way to save her. She just reunited with her long lost daughter, Nadia and while Katherine may have damaged that a little with killing Nadia's traitorous boyfriend, I hope Katherine can patch things up with her. 



       Fourth, Matt deserves some happiness. He needs to find a nice girl to share his new mansion with and have a couple of kids. He's seen the world, had a hot threesome with two vampire chicks, and he's a loyal friend. Matt has lost as much as the others but he's never turned to hard drugs or any other self-destructive habits to really screw him up. 



       Fifth, I hope Bonnie becomes a witch again. Mystic Falls needs a witch. Right now it's vulnerable to any powerful supernatural threat. Also Bonnie's friends need her mojo to help them while they battle the Augustine Society while also not studying for mid-terms. 


       Sixth and finally, I know it sounds cliché and repetitive but I think there should be a death of a major character. So far it's mostly been minor characters who have bit it and while we do miss them we never felt worried about anyone from the main cast dying permanently. Elena dying would seem like a rip off but one of the Salvatores may suffice or maybe Katherine after all. Maybe Katherine will sacrifice herself in some way in an unselfish way. That would really redeem her. 

        Well those are my thoughts. Julie Plec and Kevin Williamson already have a few ideas as to how they'd end the series so I guess we'll find out.

No comments: