Sunday, January 26, 2014

Almost Human: Unanswered Questions



        Almost Human has to be one of my favorite new shows. Still there's some unanswered questions that I have.

1. What's the deal with The Wall?

       Besides being a cool name for a sic-fi movie, what exactly is this wall that is mentioned from time to time but never explained? From the bits and pieces I've gathered, the Wall separates civilized society from uncivilized society. Maybe the city is walled in to block out a natural disaster that happened to the planet or a certain economic fall happened that caused a social fall out. The worst criminals may lie beyond the Wall and from time to time get through. The plot takes place in 2048; not so far from our own time in 2014. I'll be almost 60 by that time! But I wish they'd expand on it a little more.


2. Does John have any more family?

       We know that John idolized his father who was a cop, but that he's also dead. John said that his mother used to hide money in her sock but no real information on if she's alive or dead. Someone on Twitter said John had a sister and a niece but I haven't heard any more about it so I can assume that it was false information. However, I would love to see if John has any more family that could make an appearance. 


3. Why can't Dorian have a love interest?

     I know Wyman said Dorian wasn't going to have a love interest because he's an android (although he has human sex organs so I don't know why they can't at least think about upgrading him to a sex bot). Yet Wyman mentioned "whether or not he could love some one is another story". I should point out that there's more to love than just sex. Asexual couples enjoy each other just the same as normal couples but they have the least desire to have sex (although they do on occasion). There's no reason Dorian can't form an unrequited love for someone or at least an attachment to a human woman (or may be a man, I don't judge). If a DRN is programmed to have human emotions and form attachments then it should be possible for Dorian to form some sort of romantic attachment to a human like his friendship attachment to John. 

      That's about all the questions I had. I hope we learn more. (That's a hint to FOX to renew Almost Human.)

No comments: