Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Scream Queens: More of the Same


       I admit that I was skeptical about Scream Queens but it was pretty good as a horror parody and I felt it should have ended in season 1 but FOX likes it's crap and Scream Queens season 2? Well... It's the same crap rehashed.


The bitches are back and... nothing's changed

      It's all Bimbos, Himbos, stupid jokes, and predictable story plots. What the hell is Taylor Lautner doing there?I can only assume he's eye candy. Every time he talks I zone out because anything he says has no meaning or emotion attached to it. Zeydey for some reason keeps coming back for more psychological punishment or maybe she just likes being the only smart person with a heart among narcissistic morons. And I know the show is called Scream Queens but that doesn't mean they have to scream at every new surprise. 


Being good looking is not a qualification

      Characters? Wow what a train wreck. I liked the ending in season 1 where Chanel finally became a good person by being surrounded by equally mentally dysfunctional people. The intention of a story is to force the character to change in some way but Chanel is still a shallow, self-centered verbally abusive bitch who still bullies Chanel No. 5 mercilessly when before at the end of season 1 they became best friends. I refuse to believe a character is so shallow that they would slide back into old habits or traits just because one character decided to stop taking her meds that made her more likable to another character. A character who refuses to learn is not someone I want to watch. 


Stop. Screaming.

      What is this show's obsession with psychotic serial killers wearing costumes? If it's to keep you guessing on who the killer is you don't need to dress them in a stupid Halloween costume. You can just use gloves and not show anything else. Another thing is the creepiness of John Stamos's character (who's name I've forgotten because I don't care enough to remember) smiling like a predator at the young selfish Chanel is just... Ok I get that he's handsome and I myself have fantasized about older men and I see the appeal but I just get a churning in my stomach every time he smiles. 

Same plot line. Just plain lazy writing

    It's just the cycle of abuse that keeps on giving everyone trauma. It's not scary or even funny it's just plain sad. I understand that it's mostly comedy but they could try a little harder by evolving their story. 

No comments: