Tuesday, April 1, 2014

OUAT: The 2nd half is the best




            First half of the 3rd season of Once Upon A Time was insightful into Henry's weird twisted family tree, but not much more than that. Neverland was nice to visit but compared to the 2nd half of season 3, Peter Pan's lust for eternal youth is nothing compared to good old fashioned sibling rivalry. 


It's Wicked Witch vs Evil Queen

            The Wicked Witch of the West has come to Storybrooke and she's out for vengeance on who? Why none other than the reformed Evil Queen, Regina. Cora having an unwanted baby before Regina is the biggest twist of all! Especially since she is green! Did Cora hook up with a leprechaun or did she just eat a lot of green veggies? Rumple could be the father. That would be an even bigger twist! Is Zalina still vulnerable to water? Well it would be boring if she just melted into a puddle. Also how much longer do think it'll be before Zalina runs out of "wicked" puns?


I think we know 1 thing that happened during that missing year

         Another awesome aspect of the 2nd half of the season is that Mary Margaret is having another baby! As you know Ginnifer Goodwin and her Charming co-star Josh Dallas announced their engagement and are now expecting a baby as well so you'll see Mary Margaret's baby bump for a while. That aside I hope Mary Margaret and David have a little prince. It's not that I'm anti-feminist or anything I'm just tired of seeing characters paint their nurseries pink. My favorite color is blue and I think Emma looks like she would be a great big sister to a baby brother also it would be nice to even out the immediate Charming family in terms of gender. Or the Charmings could have fraternal twins. That would be cool. 


RIP Bael Fire

       Unfortunately we've had to say goodbye to Henry's dad, Neal. No there's no magical loop hole that will bring Neal back. Yet I think it was only a matter of time before Neal bit the big one. He was an extra character that was filling story space. Yet that doesn't mean I won't miss him. I liked Neal. Well I'm sure Hook will be a shoulder Emma can cry on. 


Love the Outlaw Queen!

        My favorite ship is CaptainSwan but my second favorite has to be OutlawQueen (i.e. Robin Hood x Regina). It's about time Regina got another shot at love. In the Enchanted Forest, Regina got all tragic Shakespearean suicide on us (BORING!). What happened to the Evil Queen who was throwing fire balls like they were baseballs? But thankfully Zalina gave Regina something to live for: destroying someone. Henry was the only man in Regina's life that she cared about but that left all her all Norman Bates mom-ish on us so giving her a ruggedly handsome, charming legendary outlaw like Robin Hood to occupy her was a perfect fit. 


I'm going to get this whiskey but pretend I'm going to kiss you

     On another note, Robin Hood's a single dad, giving Regina a pre started family. Regina was doing fine flirting with Robin over whiskey (as he checked out her backside) until Regina ran away once she saw Robin's lion tattoo (I guess in honor of Richard the Lionheart). That's the second time she ran out on him and it was to his face! I hope Regina will shed her fears and take a risk. Her mother isn't there to ruin things and Regina has grown a lot these past seasons. She's become a part of the Charming Family and after all everyone deserves a happy ending is they want it bad enough.


This is a very close shave

         I hope Rumple finds a way to get free of Zalina's hold over him. I wonder what Zalina wants with Snow White's baby? It can't be good. I can't wait to find out more!


It's not easy being green...

No comments: